- This event has passed.
2017 Silver Rose Run
October 8, 2017 - October 28, 2017
The Our Lady of Guadalupe Silver Rose has been a Knights of Columbus tradition for 57 years. In 1960, groups of Columbian Squires in Mexico, Canada and the United States decided to honor Our Lady of Guadalupe by carrying a rose across North America from Canada to the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Monterrey, Mexico. In 2001 Supreme Knight Carl A. Anderson, at the 119th Supreme Council Meeting in Toronto, addressed the effort in culture of life terms, referring to the Our Lady of Guadalupe – One Life, One Rose Program. He urged that it be expanded to every North American jurisdiction.
In recent years the program has expanded from three to six silver roses traveling the western, central, and eastern corridors of North America, with Knights of Columbus from Canada to Mexico carrying the roses from destination to destination, and finally to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Monterrey, Mexico.
Every stop along the route of the Silver Rose Pilgrimage is an occasion for prayer and spiritual renewal centered on the rosary. English, French and Spanish booklets containing recommended prayers, scripture readings and a litany
2017 marks the 57th year of the program, which began in 1960. New Mexico will receive the Silver Rose on October 8, 2017 from the state of Arizona through Gallup, and then transfer the Silver Rose to the state of Texas thorough Anthony on November 5, 2017.
It will be the responsibilities of the receiving District Deputy to pick the Silver Rose up from the preceding District. The transfer should be coordinated for the end of the day of the last day that your district is scheduled for the Silver Rose. Districts 18 and 20 will need to coordinate with Arizona and Texas, respectively.
The 2017 Silver Rose Program schedule for New Mexico is:
- October 8, arrive in Gallup, District Deputy 18 and State Deputy Patrick Mason will coordinate with bishop Wall on time and pass info on to AZ Silver rose Chairman Robert Julien (480-707-9246 or 480- 860-860-0720), email@example.com
- October 11, transfer to District Deputy 2, Council 6696 Rio Rancho
- October 14, transfer to District Deputy 10, Council 7313 Taos
- October 18, transfer to District Deputy 6, Council 9228 Albuquerque
- October 21, transfer to District Deputy 5, Council 12981 Tijeras
- October 24, transfer to District Deputy 14, Council 15062 Deming
- October 28, transfer to District Deputy 13, Council 13969 Las Cruces November 1, transfer to District Deputy 20, Council 14949 Anthony November 5, 2017 transfer to State of Texas Texas Silver Rose Chairmen Thomas Krueger (210-889-3993) firstname.lastname@example.org
For ay Questions or concerns, please contact Miguel Troncoso, State Church Director at (505)948-4021 or email@example.com Patrick Mason State Deputy